Place of Origin
Package & Delivery Lead Time
CAS No.: 100-52-7
Molecular Weight: 162.19
Melting point:: -26 °C
Boiling point: 179 °C
Density: 1.044 g/cm 3 at 20 °C(lit.)
Flash point: 123°C
Refractive index : 1.567
Molar volume: （m3/mol）101.0
Appearance: a clear colorless to yellow liquid with a bitter almond odor.
Package specification: 200kg/blue drum
Storage: Complete packaging, light and light storage, ventilated warehouse, away from open flames, high temperature, and stored separately from oxidants.
1. Important chemical raw materials, used in the production of lauric aldehyde, lauric acid, phenylacetaldehyde and benzyl benzoate, etc., also used as perfume.
2. Used to determine ozone, phenol, alkaloids and methylene reagents located next to the carboxyl group.
3. It can be used as a special top fragrance, and it can be used in trace amounts in floral formulas, such as lilac, white orchid, jasmine, violet, acacia, sunflower, sweet bean flower, plum flower, orange flower, etc. It can also be used in soap. It can also be used as flavor in almond, berry, cream, cherry, coconut, apricot, peach, big walnut, big plum, vanilla bean, spice and other flavors. Used in wine flavors such as rum and brandy.
4. Benzaldehyde is an intermediate of the herbicide wild swallowtail and the plant growth regulator.
5. GB 2760-1996 stipulates that it is a food flavor that is temporarily allowed to be used. It is mainly used for the preparation of flavors such as almond, cherry, peach and nut. The dosage can reach 40%. As a flavoring agent for canned cherries, add 3ml per kg of syrup.
6. intermediates for medicine, dyes and spices. For the production of m-oxybenzaldehyde, lauric acid, lauric aldehyde, magenta, benzyl benzoate, benzylanilide, benzylacetone, etc. Used to blend soap flavor, food flavor, etc.
7. Organic synthesis, solvent, determination of ozone and methylene located beside carbonyl, detection of phenol and alkaloids, preparation of spices.